- the name and surname of the parent paying the fee and is claiming the tax deduction;
- his/her taxpayer reference (ID card no.);
- the name and surname of the child;
- the date of birth of the child;
- the amount of fees paid during the year 2016 (in euro).
Parents who paid fees in respect of childcare services for their children who were below the age of twelve years for the year 2016 are entitled for every child to a deduction against their income equivalent to the lower of €2,000 or the fees actually paid during the year. The fees that are to be reported for this deduction are those paid by the parents and should exclude the free childcare provided by the Education Department. Those who want to apply for this tax rebate are to send a Private Message on this Facebook Page with the following details by the end of this week (19th February 2017):